Saturday, August 12, 2017

Frames? No problem!

Hello Kim here, with a new project based on today’s theme: FRAMES. ‘Frame’ ephemera & die cuts are a big part of most manufactures collections these days & often I end up with a few left over at the end of each month, so I thought today I would find a fun way to use up a whole bunch on one page.
This page YOLO Yeah! was so much fun to put together (I admit I had to look up what YOLO meant haha!)…I mean what’s not to love about the Pink Fresh Studio, Dream on products & Vicki Boutin Frame die cuts?? All found in the June 2017 Hip Kit Club kits!
YOLO Yeah! by Kim Watson
KimWatson_YOLO Yeah!_HKC01
Ok…so the frames were the focal point of this page. I opted for a mixture of types & sizes…creating great layered interest. Some were filled with photos others embellishments. This allows the eye to travel around the page stopping on points of interest.
KimWatson_YOLO Yeah!_HKC02
Inspired by the great inspirational quotes included in the Pink Fresh Studio bits…I used them as not only points to mull over but also journaling. Keeping them in clusters, at three points within the design, muted their business. A design trick to note is, by ensuring they touch other elements, creates a feeling of association.
KimWatson_YOLO Yeah!_HKC03
Throughout the design, you will notice I used repetition for better unity within the page.
There are things that can be successfully repeated:
  • Colors
  • Shapes
  • Sizes
  • Groupings
  • Textures
KimWatson_YOLO Yeah!_HKC04
Adding height to the different frames with foam adhesive creates shadows and overall interest; this dimension helps one differentiate between the various photos. The photo below clearly shows you what I mean.
KimWatson_YOLO Yeah!_HKC05
So I urge you to decide on a color palette, grab a variety of frames with different patterns within that palette & play. Fill some with photos, others embellishments & others journaling. The symmetry they bring, help inject order into a busy accent heavy page with great results!
I am glad you stopped by! Thank you!
Chat again next time! ~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!