Monday, December 21, 2015

Paper Pieced embellishments for Christmas layouts.

Hi friends...Kim Watson here. Can you believe it is the 4 days before Christmas?? I love ‪#‎Christmas‬ time...it has to be one of my most favorite times of the year. I love the message of hope & love that Christmas brings, I love our family traditions, I love that the celebration of this special time brings families all over the world together. Today my page is about exactly that. Remembering the Merry ‪#‎Memories‬ of being together. 

Using the fabulous November kits & FREE ‪#‎cutfiles‬ from JustNick I created this page, papers are from "Oh What Fun" collection I designed for Hip Kits, embellishments are from Pinkfresh StudioBasicGreyMy Mind's Eye & Hip Kits Exclusives.


Do you know that with every monthly kit comes a FREE printable sheet of EXTRA's found under downloads on our website? Check them out at http://www.hipkitclub.net/november-2015-downloads
Merry Memories by Kim Watson

Cutting, snipping & layering circles made these flowers so easy to make. The red flower got x2 holly leaves to finish it off...& the gold flower, a circle of pleated gold washi tape. Both so different & perfect for my page. 
With the Christmas spirit heavy in the air & jingle bells playing in just about every store you walk into…I am excited to share with you, another Christmas layout. For me, this page is a celebration of Christmas, & why this time of year is so special to me & my family!
Share the December Joy by Kim Watson


































To start, I splattered some gorgeous metallic gold mist from Heidi Swapp, onto the white background mimicking falling snow. You can find it in the November Hip Kit Club color kit. Then using some of the Hip Kit Club free November cut files, designed by Ashley Horton, I cut out x4 large patterned paper trees. Pop dots in places, makes them nice & 3D.

So I encourage you to try your hand at paper piecing, it is an eye-catching & effective way to embellish those holiday themed pages. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!