Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Scrapbooking your other passions?

As you know, February means Valentine’s Day. This page focuses on one of my greatest loves,
but not necessarily romance. Instead of focusing on a sweetheart, it focuses on where we live; one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

When tackling this article assignment for Papercrafts & Scrapbooking magazine, I found choosing only a few photos from the 100's I have on file, a difficult task. 
The thing that jumped out at me was the amount of breath-taking sunset images I had captured since living here in Kommetjie, so finally settled on 3 of my most recent to use on this scrapbook page. It went without saying that I would have to enlarge one of them to maximise its 'wow-factor'. The shot in question was taken using my iPhone, seriously...no lenses or effects. It looks like that IRL :)

I feel so spoilt at the sheer amount of beauty that surrounds us merely a 5 minutes drive from our house. 

Our neighborhood has an enormous feeling of space & freedom, having the mountains behind & in front of us, with the Atlantic in between . It makes me happy to wake up every morning, knowing that a moments walk or drive in any direction, and & I can be surrounded by world-class beauty.


Love This by Kim Watson: Supplies: CardstockAmericanCrafts; Patterned paper: Elle's Studio, +Fancy Pants Designs; Chipboard, Tags, Buttons, Envelope, Stickers, Blackboard label+Fancy Pants Designs ; Decorative Tape+Freckled Fawn; Hemp+Close To My Heart ; Stamps+Technique Tuesday , Elle's Studio, Cocoa Daisy; Ink+Ranger Ink ; Pen+Kuretake ZIG ; Adhesive+TombowUSA+Thermoweb+Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ; Tools: Mini Attacher by +Ranger Ink; Cutting mat, Scissors, Trimmer by +Fiskars






Making the most of a preprinted tag from  Elle's Studio with the addition of a big button, chipboard from Fancy Pants Designs & stamps, creating the cutest accent cluster for the corner of the big photo. 

Adding another accent cluster to the bottom right corner of the large photo, creates movement across the page as well as balance. Don't you LOVE that cute stamp from Technique Tuesday?!


More layering of accents from the Memories Captured collection from Fancy Pants Designs & stamped images from Technique Tuesday.

So I challenge you to try scrapbooking another passion or great love in your life, other than the 2 legged variety :D

Glad you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!