Saturday, July 05, 2014

The beauty of the hand Inked font.

I designed this page for the class Process Play for Masterful Scrapbooking.

When planning this page, I thought I’d tackle it from a different angle. I knew I wanted to use a large, show-stopping hand painted title I’d seen on Pinterest by Kal Barteski. Her distinctive hand painted quotes have been trending in the art world for some time now. 

Being dominant and larger than my usual title sizes, it determined and influenced the division of the page and how I incorporated the other page elements, as well as the overall composition.

There is something to organic and authentic about the hand font in black like this to create a focal point. 

Do Incredible Things by Kim Watson


Do Incredible Things by Kim Watson | Supplies: Cardstock by +Stampin' Up!; Patterned paper, Flair by American Crafts, Decorative Envelope, Vellum paper by Fancy Pants Designs; Cork Accents, Vellum Die Cuts, Wood veneer by +Studio Calico, Enamel dots by Close to my Heart; Wire house by Maya Road; Cork paper by +DCWV Inc.; Stamps, Journal card by +Technique Tuesday; Ink by Close to My Heart; Spray Ink by Tattered Angels; Pen & Adhesive: +TombowUSA; Adhesive by +Thermoweb & 3L, Sewing machine, Die cutting machine by +Silhouette America; Digital brush by Ali Edwards; Other: Neon Construction paper.

For a more in depth look at my creative process behind the page, check out the Masterful Scrapbooking class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!